Bhomi Pujan for Package ‘B’, Papu nallah to Nirjuli held

NAHARLAGUN, The much awaited work for Package ‘B’ construction of four lane road from Jully Try junction near to Karmajully bridge point in Nirjuli measuring around 11.37 KM held today near Model village of which bhoomi pujan was held. 

Speaking to the media, Highway Chief Engineer S Sumyan We all want that the work is done safely and smoothly, we all are here to attend the bhoomi pujan, though it was delayed but today was the appointed date and work will start thereof. CE said.

The package A has been completed and the Package B is the continuation from Papu nallah to NIrjuli and package C thereof, hopefully it will completed in next three years if the work is started timely and executed properly, smoothly with quality it would one of beautifully and a new in the state. The bhoomi pujan programme was organized by M/S Woodhill-Shivam (JV) and we are here to get blessings so that everything goes well. He said.

The highway will be of four lane with fly over of elevated corridor of around four KM from papunallah to kankarnallah, those who wanted to go to Nirjuli or Itanagar need not to go through road  but can take the flyover to avoid the traffic jam like just we are facing every day. Around 90% of Right of way has been provided by the capital administration and hope that the remaining 10 % of ROW is cleared soon. He said.

Referring to Package C, the Chief Engineer said that there may be an interdepartmental issue and every issue will be resolved and the forest clearance issue is also resolved. Cost of demolition has been given to avoid eviction drives and many asset owners have demolished their property and is a welcome step as most of the building owners have been supporting the construction.  He said.

There may be problems as the flyover of around four KM is being constructed in the built up area of the Naharlagun township and the general public may face problems and inconveniences during the construction period. He said.

CE further appeals to the general public and commuters and road users to have patience and cooperate with the executing agency.

It is to mention that the Package B four lane road NH-415 has been awarded to M/S Woodhill-Shivam (JV) of Bhubaneswar, Orissa based company. The work is  under execution on EPC mode, the agreement was made on January 21 2021 and appointed date is December 8 with an agreement cost of Rs. 341,74,400.

Leave a Comment