Arrested two officers has been remanded to four days police custody : SP (SIC)

ITANAGAR, JUNE 8 ; Two officers of the environment & Forest department of Banderdewa (Territory)Division who were arrested on Monday ahs been remanded to four days police custody. Informed SP (SIC) Dr. Hemant Tiwari.

SP informed that on a written complain on dated June 3 which was received on June 4 from one Nabam Akam, S/O : Lt, Nabam Nigla, Vill : Bam, PO/PS : Balijan, Dist : Papum pare(AP), against H.B. Abo, DPO, Banderdewa, and Rilin Ngulom, RFO, O/o The DFO, Banderdcwa, to the effect that he, being Power of Attorney holder, had won tender work of “C/o Raising Tall Avenue Plant (1.5 mtrs) with bamboo guard at 5 mtr spacing” under CAMPA Scheme during 2018-19 for an amount of Rs.7,00,000/- (Rupees seven lakh) in the name of M/S N.R. Enterprise. That, the work was successfully completed in 2020 and the DFO, Banderdewa made payment of 60% and remaining 40% was kept pending, the complain said. informed SP.
The Complainant Nabam Akam visited the O/o The DFO, Banderdewa, several times, in connection with the payment of 40% bill (second installment). On 24/04/2021, he went to the DFO office and met Rilin Ngulom, RFO, who demanded bribe of 20% out of his total pending bill by telling that DFO, Banderdewa, has strictly instructed to take 20% bribe from all the contractors. That, the RFO directed the complainant to deposit 20% bribe money, otherwise his bill will not be processed and DFO will not issue any cheque stated in the comp0lain. Informed the SP (SIC) Dr. Tiwari.

On April 25, he visited the O/o The RFO Sri Rilin Nuglom with his mobile handset kept in his shirt pocket with video recording mode on to record the transaction/discussion between them. He requested to reduce the 20% but the RFO was adamant and demanded complete deposit of 20% bribe, he also told him that the 20% money taken from contractors will be divided among DFO and other office staff. So, the complainant Nabam Akam, under compulsion, gave Rs.56,000/- (Rupees fifty six thousand) to the DFO through the RFO Rilin Ngulom, and in the meantime, the RFO passed his bill and sent to the O/o The DFO for final signing of cheque amount. Said SP.
On April 29, the complainant went to the O/o The DFO, Banderdewa, to ascertain whether he really had directed the RFO to collect 20% from the bills of the contractors or not, which the DFO admitted. While entering the office, he kept his mobile set in his shirt pocket with video recording mode on to record their conversation.

The DFO told the complainant that it is established practice to cut 20% of the bill amount, the same is distributed among all the officers. SP said.
1(one) pendrive containing three nos. of video footage and voice recording has been enclosed with the complaint.

Accordingly, the instant case vide SIC(VIG) PS Case No.07/2021 U/S 120(B) IPC R/W Sec.7 of PC(Amendment) Act, 2018, dtd.07/06/2021 has been registered after obtaining approval from the competent authority. SP informed.

The two alleged accused persons Sri H.B. Abo, DFO, Banderdewa, and Rilin Ngulom, RFO, O/o The DFO, Banderdewa, have been arrested after observing all codal formalities. They have been forwarded to the TRIHMS, Naharlagun, for medical check-up including Covid-19 test. he said.
The session court Yupia has remanded four days police custody and further investigation is on and other legal process are being done. SP added.

Leave a Comment